Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wishes

With it being summertime I hear every day, "Momma I wish"... I even find myself thinking it as well as hearing my husband in the evenings and weekends. We have talked about all the things we want to do, when we have the money or time. We want to get a camper to take the kids out to the lake and spend time with them. We want a boat to go out in the afternoons. We want to travel (mainly Chad wants to go to Colorado, South and North Dakota, Vermont, Maine, etc. I think he wishes too much). I would not mind going to Bermuda (don't ask but just research...it has historical places to visit, the beach and warm weather.), Ireland (that's the Irish in me) and Greece (no I'm not Greek, just like the food). There are so many other things that I would like to do or experience in my lifetime. I guess you could say it's my wish list. As a mother, those sort of things get put on a backburner but one day I "wish" to have the opportunity to at least do some of them. What are your wishes? Don't worry, it is okay to actually wish for something for yourself.

I wish to lose 40 lbs (yes, really 40 lbs).

I wish to go to at least one destination on my travel list before I die.

I wish to have some cooking lessons. (another story for another time, hehehe).

I wish to have a private master bedroom suite added onto the house, with my own office space.

I wish that someone would nominate me for "What not to wear" and actually have the time to be able to go. I can just see all the clothes I would come home with, LOL.

I wish that my husband and I could go away for the weekend like we have in the past. I do not think that we would take that for granted now. :-)

I wish to be the mature christian that God desires me to be when I pass from this world. Most of all, my wishes are fun but my heart's desire is to be the woman that God wants me to be...

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure you wrote this and that I didn't sneak into your house and write it for you? Sounds like our life story! Funny!!

    ReplyDelete